Buckhorn

Companion Dogs - Tamaskan & Noble

Forums

Forum Home > Health Issues > Epilepsy

Buckhorn
Site Owner

Please post about or ask any questions you may have about my experience with this unsettling disease.

August 28, 2010 at 10:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Buckhorn
Site Owner

Juneau is still having single and cluster seizures on a monthly basis.  We are on Pheno, Keppra and Topramax.  We also raw feed.  Anyone else have any recommendations on things to try?

July 5, 2011 at 9:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Caesura

My male borzoi developed epilepsy at 4 years of age. He had cluster seizures weekly, which affected his vision.

I was reluctant to put him on pheno because of his age and the long term toxic affects on his liver. A good friend of mine has an epileptic dachshund whose illness is controlled through diet and recommended a very good canine nutritionist.

http://betterdogcare.com

I did a consult with her and she put together an epilepsy specific diet for my dog. Mine includes cooked foods, but she will formulate completely raw diets too. Within two weeks of going on the new diet his clusters went down to once a month, and three months later they disappeared completely. He's been seizure free/medication free now for 8 months. I'm so happy with her service and everything. She saved my dog.

July 27, 2012 at 7:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

5387 views - 1 comment
5185 views - 0 comments
4016 views - 0 comments
3908 views - 0 comments

Upcoming Events

No upcoming events

Recent Forum Posts

by Caesura over a year ago
by Paula over a year ago